Men, like women, must also invest in a bit of makeup to look good on camera. Some translucent powder, concealer, hairspray and lip balm can go a long way in helping men look their best. For women, makeup can help make you look great or terrible in photos. Learning how to highlight the right areas can help make you look good in just about any photo.
Makeup Tips for Face
- Keep your skin clean and smooth by washing, toning, and moisturizing your face before having your photo taken. Doing this should be a daily morning/evening ritual but is especially important before a photo-shoot. Additionally, avoid using products with SPF for photo-shoots, since the ingredients can often make the face look shinier in images.
- If you wear makeup, make sure that your concealer and foundation are smoothly applied and match your skin tone correctly. Blend them slightly down your neck and near your ear lobes to create the most natural look, Oily skin can ruin a photo by reflecting too much light.
- Use a “high definition” or “photo ready” foundation like Make Up For Ever HD Foundation to minimize blemishes. Blend very well with a foundation brush or sponge and set in place with a sweep of translucent powder. This creates a smooth, clean finish that evenly reflects light, Place some blush on your cheeks to make them look less flat.
- Try medium pink, coral, or peach shade on your cheeks, If you don’t have blush, pinch your cheeks right before you take a photo to give them color. Use a bit of powder before and even during the photo session to minimize shine. Even if you’re a big fan of mineral formulas, they can come off as shiny in photos. Go for something more matte.
- Contour under your chin, under your cheekbones, at the temples and on the sides of your nose with a bronzer that’s one or two shades darker than your natural skin tone. Use a highlighter to emphasize apples of the cheeks, bridge of the nose and middle of the forehead.
Make up Tips for Lips
- Red lips are totally hot right now, and they